1/23/09

Recipe Review...Smoky Refried Bean Soup

Here is my third recipe review of the week, I have one more coming tomorrow. I got this recipe for Smoky Refried Bean Soup from Stephanie over at A year of CrockPotting. It was good, next time, (there will be a next time) I am going to add ground beef, or shredded chicken, I also to the advice of the commenter's, and added 1/2 a packet of taco seasoning.

--1 can of vegetarian refried beans (I used regular)
--1 can of black beans
--1 cup frozen roasted corn (all I had was regular frozen corn so I used that)
--2 cups of vegetable broth (chicken broth works just fine)
--1 cup baby tomatoes cut in quarters (you could used canned tomatoes--no juice-- instead)
--1 cup diced carrots
--1 t garlic (If using fresh, chop up 2-3 cloves)
--1 T Tabasco sauce
--1 t cumin
--1 t oregano
--1/2 t chipotle chili powder
--salt and pepper to taste

The Directions.
--dump in refried beans into your crockpot
--turn your crock to high, to start to melt the bean blob
--rinse black beans, add to crock
--chop up the tomatoes and carrots, add to mix (I added corn at this time)
--pour in your vegetable broth
--add all spices
--give a quick stir
--cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8. You aren't really "cooking" anything---just letting it all simmer and getting the carrots to soften. The soup is done when the carrots are to your liking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home