1/14/09

Chicken Spaghetti

I found a recipe for chicken spaghetti on recipezaar, but then I found another on a blog that I visit Penny Pinching Diva (I am not sure how many blogs back I am supposed to credit but she got it from here) It made a full 13x9, it was enough for all of us to have seconds and lunch for all of us again the next day, so 9 servings, I am sure it could have been more but we did "over eat" because it was so good! I changed the recipe just a little bit, but I am sure it didn't change the out come at all!



3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, bite-sized pieces)
1/4 - 1 cup colorful bell peppers (diced)
Small onion (diced)
1/4 cup butter or margarine (didn't have any so I used 2 tbs oil)
12 oz of Mexican Mild Velveeta cheese (I just used regular)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
10 oz diced tomatoes (optional- with green chile's) (I used walmart brand "rotel")
1 package of taco seasoning mix (I only used half)
16 oz of spaghetti (cooked)

1) Put on your apron! And heat the oven to 350 degrees.

2) Prepare the spaghetti per package directions. Drain and set aside.

3) Saute the chicken, bell peppers and onions in butter or margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until cooked through, for approximately 5-10 minutes.

4) In the same skillet, add the Mexican Mild Velveeta cheese, cream of chicken soup and milk. Heat until melted, stirring frequently. Add the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning mix and cook until heated through.

5) Spoon the spaghetti into a 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and cover with chicken and cheesy tomato sauce.

6) Bake 15-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Serve with a simple salad, and garlic bread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home