6/27/08

STOP THE STRESS!!

So last night brought a whirlwind of events, a very stressful situation came about and our little family was in severe turmoil, however in the light of a new day everything is much clearer and we are doing much better (I hope) but it got me thinking, in times like those what are a few things that we can do to not freak out.... I tried to find comfort in visiting some of my favorite web sites, tried online shopping (I couldn't find anything that I wanted, I know that's a tragedy in itself), I tried reading some of my Avon info that I have never looked at, but nothing was working so in came a yahoo search! Here's what I found,

-Try to avoid spending the evening slumped in front of the TV. Maybe you could revive an old hobby, or take up a new one.

-Relax! Sit or lie down, close your eyes, and concentrate on your breathing. Stay like this for 5-10 minutes.

-Set aside a regular time to relax in your own favorite way. Home is a place for rest and rejuvenation and you should give yourself time for it.

-Have a laugh. Whether it's watching a funny movie, or laughing with your family and friends, laughter is a great stress reliever.

-Cut yourself some slack! Don't beat yourself up thinking you need a showcase home, and if you burn the dinner, get takeaway!

-Make sure you get enough sleep. Try going to bed half an hour earlier and see whether it makes a difference to how you handle your life

-Treat yourself to a long soak in the tub. Envelop the senses with soothing smells, gentle candle light, relaxing music, and lots of bubbles.

-Give yourself a massage! Massage your scalp and face with your fingertips. Use small circling motions and a light pressure. Of course, if you can persuade someone else to do it for you, that's even better!

So when you get stressed out what is it that makes you feel better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home