9/13/10

Peach Muffins

I still have about 6# of peaches in my fridge that are at the too soft for our liking stage, so I spent the afternoon searching for things I could make and freeze using them, since I do not have canning supplies or jelly making supplies I was limited... I did find this recipe however for peach muffins and before I changed it up a bit each muffin was 8 points! that was just not happening, even on a cheat day!

here is the original recipe it makes 16 (they must be really big!!)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups white sugar
2 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped peaches

heres my version it makes 24 regular cupcake size muffins 2 points each!
3 cups whole wheat floor
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups all natural no sugar added applesauce
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups granulated splenda
splash of silk soy milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 16 muffin cups.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the apple sauce, eggs, and sugar. Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture just until moist. Fold in the peaches. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.

I am planning on freezing these in bags of 6 that way I can pull them out on Friday and have them for the weekends, once I get my zucchini muffins done I will mix them 3 and 3!

I still have @4# of peaches left~

2 Comments:

Blogger Teddi said...

How did u figure out your points system on the muffins?

September 14, 2010 at 10:43 AM

 
Blogger twomoms said...

if you are a memeber of weight watchers online, there is a section where you can build your own recipe, So I just entered in the recipe as written and then tweeked it to make it more WW friendly. (fyi if you use my recipe and make 18 muffins they are 3 points each)

September 14, 2010 at 12:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home