1/5/09

Banana chocolate chip muffins

I had some bananas that were on my counter for a while and they needed to be tossed, but I thought that I would make some banana bread, well turns out there are about 1 million recipes for banana chocolate muffins,
and what better to pair fruit with then chocolate!
So I searched allrecipes.com and came out with this one:
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I used 4 regular sized bananas)
2/3 cup sunflower seed oil
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). (I did it at 350)
Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a medium bowl blend the banana, oil, egg and vanilla together.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in the banana mixture until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
H and I made them, and then we ate them well one (each) they are really good, I didn't have baking powder so I just used baking soda, even after the folks on yahoo answers told me that I shouldn't...

here is a picture of the ones that we made, see how I got all fancy with the photography?

(guess I am going to buy the "red taped" bananas from now on, just so I can make these!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home