2/3/09

Recipe Review... Cheeseburger soup

We thought this one was good, if you thought "cheeseburger" while you were eating, you could definitely taste it. We topped our bowls with cheese, next time I think I will add jalapenos to mine, and maybe bacon then you could have a bacon cheeseburger, or maybe sauteed mushrooms then you could have a mushroom burger the possibilities are endless... and its too early to be thinking about food! So here is the recipe;
Ingredients
3/4 lb ground beef (I used a whole pound)
1 cup minced onion
1 teaspoon basil (I used dry)
4 cups beef broth
3 cups diced potatoes
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
4 teaspoons butter
4 teaspoons flour
8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
2 cups light cream (I used 1/2 cup heave cream and 1 1/2 dairy ease)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Directions
1 In soup pot, cook and break up ground beef.
2 Add onion,basil and beef broth.
3 Bring to a boil.
4 Add potatoes and green pepper.
5 Cover and simmer 12 minutes.
6 Bring back to a boil.
7 In saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
(after the butter and the flour were combined I added a dash of the milk I already measured out just so it wouldn't get that burnt flour taste)
8 Cook 2 minutes.
9 Add to soup, stirring.
10 Reduce heat to low again and add cheese, cream and pepper.
11 Stir until cheese melts. (or until potatoes are soft it took about a half hour, on low)
12 Serve.

Next time I think I am going to add more flour maybe 2 tablespoons so it is a little more "chowder-y"

There are no more recipe reviews this week but on Wednesday (maybe Thursday, but at the very latest Friday) I am going to post my Chili Verde recipe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home