11/5/09

Stir-fried Beef with snow peas + update

I made this last night for dinner and the cook book (Weight Watchers all time favorites) says that it is 2 point for 1 cup, but when I entered it into the recipe builder on Weight Watchers.com it came up as 5 so I went with that.


3 scallions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced and peeled (eww I hate ginger so I left it out)
3/4 # boneless sirloin steak trimmed and cut into thin 2inch slices
1/2 # fresh snow peas (i used frozen)
1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts (I didnt have any)
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on high, add scallions, garlic, ginger and stir fry until fragrant, about a minute. Add beef until brown, then add snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Add water chestnuts, soy sauce, oj, and bring to a simmer (at this point I added about a cup of sliced mushrooms, because i love them).

Stir together, cornstarch and water in a separate bowl, and once combined add to the stir fry, cook for 30 more seconds!

that's all 1 cup is 5 points, add pasta for a noodle bowl and it ups that whole dish to 9... unless you use whole wheat pasta, then I don't know what it is.

Our goal is to go to the gym 3 times a week (Sunday-Sunday) so far we have already gone our 3 times and have a trip planned for tonight, and tomorrow! I hope Mondays weigh in will show all of our hard work...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home