9/3/08

Bread pudding

I made a batch of bread pudding yesterday for dessert, it turned out pretty good, I didnt know if H and L would like it H didnt, L did, this time I left out the rasins, next time ( and there will be a next time because I Love it) they are going in! here is the recipe that I used very simple!
6 slices day-old bread (I used fresh)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
3.In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
4.Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh... yum! Okay, so you're going to laugh at me, but I'm going to go make bread pudding right now. Seriously... right now! I haven't had this forever, so I'm really excited to try it. I'm not sure that DH will like it, so I might end up eating it all myself. Yum!

September 3, 2008 at 7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home